Monday, August 9, 2010

Masculine Birthday Card




Haven't been in the craft room for awhile and boy have I missed it! All my "extra" time has gone to cleaning the house which I'm way behind on. I was thinking to myself that I was doing spring cleaning - uh, a little late. Then of course today I needed a card and I needed it now. Nothing like waiting till the very last minute! Cards for men are a little more challenging for me and probably for a lot of card makers I suspect. So I tried to think "manly" and thought of trucks. The great thing about having the Gypsy is all I had to do is search in the Gypsy and that way I could find a truck. Fortunately, I had the cartridge I needed.

I've really enjoyed making shape cards. The Gypsy makes it possible and easy. So, this truck is a shape card made by welding together two trucks. It comes from the Just Because Cards cartridge. I've not made one of their cards from this cartridge but the images on it are fun and varied and you can just use them for your own card designs.

This card is approximately 8 inches long and was made using:

Just Because Cards cartridge
DCWV and Coredinations cardstock
Hero Arts photo polymer clear stamp - sentiment
frost white pigment ink with clear embossing powder - heat embossed

Just a note about stamping. Photo polymer clear stamps are much superior to clear acrylic stamps. Your stamped image will be crisper and the clear stamp itself will last longer and will give you the same consistent quality stamped image over time. I noticed that Hero Arts clear stamps are photo polymer - they're the same price as many brands of the clear acrylic version. So check it out and happy stamping!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment