Monday, January 24, 2011

A Card for my Sweet Girl


How does 8 years go by so quickly? Wasn't it just yesterday that I was holding my baby in my arms? Now she's way too big to carry around! But I must say 8 is great! She is so much fun. And is becoming quite the crafter/cardmaker/ Cricuteer I might add.

Did you get in on any of the sale Cricut cartridges at Michael's these last few weeks? It was hard to resist - uh, so I didn't... The cartridge I used on this card was from one of those sale carts and it's called Sweet Treats. It was made using the card feature so it was quick and easy. I managed to wait till the day before her birthday to make the card so I'm glad it was fast to make. And since I used the Imagine too choosing the papers was a breeze. I used the Imagine More Cards cartridge for the patterned paper. I did have to make the "8" seperately (from Sweet Treats) and just glued it to the top of the candle that was on the cupcake card. It worked great.

Hope you enjoyed this simple card. Thanks for stopping by to take a look!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the color combo and the card is soooo super cute! Gee there are some talented crafters out there! I am a new follower and I can't wait to see what's next!!!
    TFS~Raechel
    http://raechelscards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super sweet card! My oldest will be 7 this spring and I understand all too well how fast they grow. :( I'm sure she LOVED her card!
    It was very nice meeting you at Emma and Sarah's breakfast yesterday. I hope you had a great rest of the day at CHA. JEALOUS!!! ; )
    I'm a follower now.

    ReplyDelete