Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Birthday Card for a Boy




A friend of our family is turning 12 years old. It seems like only yesterday that we went to the hospital to see him and his proud parents when he was born. Now he is a big kid - almost a teenager! Kevin is a big Laker fan and loves basketball so it was easy to design his birthday card.

This card was made using:
Cricut Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Technique Tuesday stamp- birthday sentiment

I used the Cricut Imagine with the Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge to make this card. It's so convenient to use white cardstock and select the colors you want to print and cut with the Imagine machine. The color scheme is very simple but even so it was nice to choose the colors instead of digging through my cardstock to find the right shades of purple and yellow.

This Cricut cartridge has so many fun, useful images on it. Lots of things from everyday - just like the title implies!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome boy card! Having a teenage son myself, I'm always trying to think of new ideas. This one is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! What a perfect boy's card! I have a Cricut and never use it! You've inspired me to dust it off! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete