Monday, December 19, 2011

A Project Using the Cricut Imagine- The Serenity Prayer



Merry Christmas! Unfortunately crafting has been hit or miss lately - mostly miss. Just doesn't seem like I have had the time or energy for it in awhile and boy, do I miss it. It's good to be back!

A friend was telling me how she has prayed the Serenity Prayer for awhile now but she had only heard the very first part. She had never heard the second part of the prayer. It's such a beautiful prayer and I wanted to share the whole thing with her. So, that was my inspiration for this project. I thought it would make a nice Christmas gift for her! Sorry for the glare on the glass in the photo.

This project was made using the Cricut Imagine and Cricut Expression. All the paper was printed using the Imagine from the Imagine Mystical Garden Colors and Patterns cartridge. I also used the Gypsy to modify the frame around the prayer - I had to stretch it out. The frame is from the Happily Ever After cartridge. Unfortunately, with the Gypsy in the Imagine application, you can't modify an image in the same way you can in the Cricut application. You can make it bigger or smaller but you cannot adjust the height and width independently as you can in the Cricut application. So, I had to print the paper in the Imagine and then I just took the mat with the printed paper and put it into the Expression to cut (using the Gypsy). For the prayer itself, I typed it in Word and printed it out on vanilla cardstock.

I think the project came out pretty nice. It seemed to take forever, lol, but that is typical for me. The good thing is the project is stored in my Gypsy and if I want to make another one it shouldn't take as long!

Thanks so much for visiting. I'm glad you came by!! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Crafty New Year!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful gift! I'm sure your friend will LOVE having this prayer displayed in her home. I hope you had a very merry holiday and that your New Year is just as fantastic.
    Maybe we could resolve to a crafting get together for 2012??? :-)

    ReplyDelete