Friday, March 17, 2017

"Coloring" Birthday Card




Materials used:  DCWV Birthday Wishes Stack, DCWV Pretty Prints Color and Create Stack, Chameleon Color Tone Pens in Peony Pink (PK4), Mellow Yellow (YO2), Grass Green (GR3), Green  Apple (GR1), and Royal Blue (BL6); Glue Dot Permanent Tape Runner; 4.5"x 6" card base

After collecting all my materials for this card, it was time to get started.  I was inspired to make this card by the DCWV Facebook page March 2017 Stack-a-holic Challenge card sketch.  I liked that it was a simple sketch so the coloring design would be the star of the card.

I colored a design from the DCWV Pretty Prints Color and Create Stack using Chameleon Color Tone Pens.  For most areas I used the brush nib of the pen and fused the pens in order to get the color gradation you see.  It's awesome to get so many shades of the same color just from one alcohol marker because of the unique system that Chameleon has.  

After the coloring was completed, I "fussy cut" the design.  I used pop dots to adhere the design onto blue card stock from the DCWV Birthday Wishes Stack which was already adhered to the card base.  I then cut out a "border" from another piece of card stock in the same stack to use on the card.  After typing the sentiment onto it, it was adhered to the card.

 Hope you enjoyed the card!  Craft on!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment