Monday, March 26, 2012

A Card for the Jinger Adams Design Team Call



This is exciting! I am a Jinger Adams fan and I love having the opportunity to try out for her very first Design Team. I met Jinger a little over a year ago at a Cricut Circle event and she is as sweet in person as she has always seemed to me on TV. I can't wait to see what Jinger has in store for us in her brand new craft line AND in her upcoming shoe line! Click here to check out what Jinger and Theresa, The Scrapbooking Queen are looking for in picking this team.

I'd like to share with you how I made this card 'from the ground up'!

The shoe is made from a black outline shoe sticker which I placed on glittered adhesive white cardstock. Then I colored it in with Copic markers. Here's how I did it.

I started with Soonwang adhesive on matte white cardstock. After peeling off the cover, I put a very generous amount of microfine glitter on the adhesive cardstock and tapped off the excess. I used a plastic container which makes this microfine glitter easy to store and avoids extra clean up.

Next, I burnished (a fancy word for rub) the glitter into the adhesive using the Soonwang waxy cover sheet.

Now that the glitter cardstock is complete, it's time to remove the black outline sticker very carefully from the sticker sheet. I used my fingertip to hold onto the sticker before placing it gently and carefully down onto the glitter cardstock.


Then I placed the Soonwang waxy cover on top of the sticker and burnished again using the end of a Copic marker.

The shoe was now ready to color with Copic markers. I chose the colors based on the card concept and color/type of cardstock that I was going to use for my card. Even after I picked out the Copic markers I was going to use, I was still unsure how I wanted to color in my shoe. So, I did a rough sketch of the shoe and played with coloring to see how the shoe would look- I didn't want to mess up my shoe that I had worked so hard to create!


Now that the shoe was finished, I cut it out and gathered all the cardstock, ribbon and embellishments to make the card.

And here again is the final product! Isn't that shoe just gorgeous?!

This A2 card was made using:
DCWV Blossoms and Butterflies stack
Elizabeth Craft Designs sticker
Sookwang adhesive on matte white cardstock
Crystal Glitter Ritz transparent microfine glitter with warm highlight
Martha Stewart edge punch
Copic markers
American Crafts blue button
white ribbon
pink twine
Scrapbook Adhesives 3D foam squares
glue dots

I have shared this card on my Pinterest gallery and the Two Peas in a Bucket gallery.

I'd like to thank you for stopping by to see my card. A special thank you goes out to Jinger Adams and Theresa, The Scrapbooking Queen for coming by to evaluate my work and many thanks for their kind consideration of me as a possible member of the Design Team. I would love the opportunity to be a part of the fun!

Now go have yourself a very happy crafting day!

9 comments:

  1. WOW!! Love that shoe!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the glitter and copic coloring on the shoe! Good luck on the design team call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really fun card!! You used some of my favorite paper from the Blossoms and Butterly DCWV stack. Looks like a winner to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for submitting for the
    Jinger Adams Design Team Call
    The Scrapbooking Queen
    Design Team Leader &
    Social Media Coordinator
    www.thescrapbookingqueen.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your card Chris!!! Those shoe stickers are AWESOME and so is your copic coloring. I hope we both get chosen for the DT. :) fingers crossed ~Yvonne www.OneCreativeMomma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your project is fabulous… *Ü*
    Wishing you a beautifully blessed weekend,
    **Lots of BIG Hugs**
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so pretty! Great job on the coloring!

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete