Thursday, February 23, 2017

"Lovely" Box Card




I've been wanting to make a box card for awhile now.  It was all kind of a mystery to me - the how to's and all!  So, I did purchase the Cricut All Occasion Box Card cartridge for the Cricut Explore and thought at least I'd have a jumping off point to begin to see how the whole thing works.


I cut the base of the card in white card stock and all the layers in coordinating colorful card stock using the Cricut Explore and Design Space free design software.  I did search online for some instruction on how to size and assemble the card - here's the link.  Designer Lori Whitlock created the content of this cartridge and the link will take you to her website with a video.


I always score the card with a scoring board as the Cricut Explore scoring tool doesn't score deep enough.  At least the light scoring gives me the exact location of where the score line should go.


Start assembling the box card by adhering the layers according to the assembly directions.  I used a Scotch ATG gun.


The box card is taking shape!


Here she is!  I cut out a few hearts from the colored card stock to add to the project.  I really like box cards! And, they fold flat for mailing!

Craft on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment