Thursday, February 16, 2017

A Flip Card!

A dear friend was having a special birthday so it called for a special handmade card!  I thought it would be fun to use the new Anna's Fantastic Flip Card digital designs on the Cricut Explore to cut out the base and layers of this card.  I did that first and then I printed and cut the sentiment.  Then it was time to put it all together.  Let's get going!

I chose this retro paper and stamp set by Photoplay called Slightly Sassy.  The picture above shows the paper and stamp set along with all the layers cut out.  

Use a scoring board to score all the appropriate areas on the flip card.  The Cricut Explore uses a scoring tool but it does not go deep enough so I redo the score lines with a bone folder.

Use the bone folder to make all the folds.

Here's the card all folded and ready to attach the layers.

I used Glue Dot adhesive to put it all together.



Here's how the card looks so far.  Next, I thought it would be nice to emboss a stamped image and use it on the card.

These are the items I used.  Prior to stamping an image on card stock, use the Embossing Magic to "wipe" the area where you will be stamping.  This prevents the embossing powder from adhering to the card stock where you don't want it.

After stamping the cat clock image with black ink on white card stock, while the ink is still wet, cover the stamped image generously with embossing powder. Then tap it all off - flicking the card stock to remove all the excess.

Use a heat tool to heat emboss the image.  You will see the embossing powder melt into the ink and the image will look shiny!

I used a few Glue Dot glue squares to adhere the cat clock to the edge of the card.


Here is the finished card again!  It was a fun card to make and my friend enjoyed it and my humor.  

These are items used to make this card:
Anna's Fantastic Flip Cards Cricut Explore Digital Cartridge, Cricut Explore, Photoplay Slightly Sassy card stock/stamps, scoring board and bone folder, Glue Dot glue squares and micro dots, Embossing Magic by Inkadinkado, Versafine pigment ink in onyx black, Zing embossing powder, heat tool

Hope you enjoyed my card.  Craft on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment